Feeling lost in the sea of pram choices? You’re not alone. Many parents struggle to find a pram that not only fits their lifestyle but also grows with their child.
The Redsbaby AERON and Bugaboo Dragonfly each offer unique features and benefits, but which is right for you?
In this comparison, we highlight the key features and differences of the AERON and Dragonfly. From newborn suitability to travel-friendliness, this guide will help you navigate the choices to find the pram that aligns with your family’s needs.
Quick Answer: These are very similar prams, both designed for a busy urban lifestyle. They both cater to newborns with optional accessories and feature a one-handed fold, great for busy parents. The Dragonfly is lighter and offers more storage. The AERON is much more affordable and also features a wider range in terms of handlebar heights.
Before diving into the details, we recommend you compare these two prams using the helpful comparison tables on the manufacturer’s websites:
Suitability and Age Range
- Age range: Offers the flexibility to accommodate newborns with an optional bassinet or newborn pod. Suitable for children up to approximately 4 years of age.
- Twins or Two Children: Not suitable, limiting its use for families with multiple young children.
- Age range: Can be used from birth with an optional bassinet, providing a safe and comfortable environment for newborns. Suitable for children up to approximately 4 years of age.
- Twins or Two Children: Not suitable for multiple children.
Seat Configuration and Folding
- Redsbaby AERON: The one-handed fold is a significant convenience, especially for busy parents who often juggle multiple tasks. The reversible seat offers flexibility for the child to face parents or the world.
- Bugaboo Dragonfly: Features a patented one-hand fold mechanism, allowing it to fold with the seat or bassinet attached. This design simplifies the process of folding and unfolding the pram, making it highly user-friendly in various situations.
- Redsbaby AERON: An underseat basket with an 8 kg capacity is sufficient for everyday essentials.
- Bugaboo Dragonfly: Offers a more generous storage system with an XL underseat basket capable of holding up to 10 kg, and an expandable rear pocket. This extra storage is invaluable for shopping trips or longer outings where more items need to be carried.
Weight and Size
- Redsbaby AERON: Weighs 9.2 kg, making it fairly easy to carry and store. Its compact folded size is a plus for families with limited storage space or who travel frequently.
- Bugaboo Dragonfly: Slightly lighter at 7.9 kg, it is easier to carry over the shoulder or pull like a trolley. However, it has a larger folded size, which may be a consideration for those with space constraints.
Material and Maintenance
- Bugaboo Dragonfly: Constructed with high-quality bio-based materials, reducing its environmental impact. All fabrics are machine washable at 30°C, offering easy maintenance and cleanliness.
Both models have a seat capacity of up to 22 kg and accommodate growing children, making them viable options for long-term use.
- Redsbaby AERON: Features an adjustable telescopic handlebar with a large range (91 – 105 cm), catering to parents of different heights for comfortable pushing.
- Bugaboo Dragonfly: The adjustable handlebar height range (98 – 105cm) provides added flexibility.
- Redsbaby AERON: Recommended to be used with Britax B-Pod Lite, offering a seamless travel system for parents on the go. Also compatible with other models.
- Bugaboo Dragonfly: Compatible with the Bugaboo Turtle by Nuna car seat.
- Redsbaby AERON: Comes with a 3-year warranty, peace of mind regarding durability and service.
- Bugaboo Dragonfly: Offers a 2-year warranty plus an additional 2 years when registered within 3 months of purchase.
The Redsbaby AERON and Bugaboo Dragonfly are very similar prams, both designed for a busy urban lifestyle. They both cater to newborns with optional accessories and feature a one-handed fold, great for busy parents.
The Dragonfly is lighter, making it easier to transport, and offers more storage with a 10 kg capacity underseat basket and an expandable rear pocket, beneficial for those needing extra space.
On the other hand, the Redsbaby AERON is much more affordable and also features a wider range in terms of handlebar heights.
Ultimately, your choice will hinge on your specific preferences and needs. Both prams promise to be reliable and adaptable companions for your family’s journey from newborn stages to toddlerhood.