Choosing the right baby monitor for your needs can be a daunting task, especially with so many models available in the market.
This buying guide is designed to help Australian parents understand the key features and specifications of popular VTech baby monitors, ultimately helping you make an informed decision.
VTech is a well-known brand offering a wide range of baby monitors with various features and specifications. This guide will help you navigate through the different models and their features to find the best one for your needs.
We will discuss the various aspects of VTech baby monitors, such as video and audio capabilities, screen size, camera resolution, battery life, and more.
Video and Audio
The first factor to consider when choosing a baby monitor is whether you need a video monitor, an audio-only monitor, or both.
Most VTech baby monitors offer both video and audio capabilities, allowing you to see and hear your baby.
Some models, like the VTech BM2250 and BM2150, are audio-only monitors.
Screen Size and Parent Unit Resolution
The screen size and parent unit resolution are essential factors to consider when choosing a video baby monitor.
VTech offers models with screen sizes ranging from 2.4″ to 7″. The larger the screen size, the easier it will be to see your baby.
Parent unit resolutions vary from full colour to high resolution, and even full HD (720p and 1080p) in some models, like the RM5766HD and RM7766HD.
Different VTech baby monitors come with various camera features, such as:
- Vertical angle adjustment: Allows you to adjust the camera angle vertically to get the best view of your baby.
- Pan and tilt: Offers the ability to remotely control the camera’s movement for better coverage.
- Auto night vision: Automatically switches to night vision mode when the room is dark, allowing you to see your baby even in low light conditions.
- Local and remote digital zoom: Enables you to zoom in on your baby either from the parent unit or remotely using a compatible app.
VTech baby monitors offer various additional features, such as:
- Night light: Provides a soft glow in your baby’s room, making it easier for you to check on them without disturbing their sleep.
- Wide-angle lens: Offers a broader view of your baby’s room, ensuring you don’t miss anything.
- Temperature sensor: Monitors the room’s temperature and alerts you if it goes outside the desired range.
- Soothing sounds and lullabies: Helps calm and soothe your baby to sleep.
- Two-way talk: Allows you to talk to your baby or soothe them with your voice.
- Motion and sound alerts: Notifies you when your baby moves or makes a sound.
- Twin camera pack availability: Offers the option to purchase additional cameras for monitoring multiple rooms or children.
Battery life is a crucial factor to consider, as it determines how long your baby monitor will work without needing to be charged. VTech baby monitors offer battery life ranging from 2.5 to 19 hours, depending on the model.
Remote Viewing and App Compatibility
Some VTech baby monitors, like the RM5766HD, RM7766HD, and RM7756HD, offer remote viewing and recording capabilities through the MyVTech Baby Pro app.
This feature allows you to monitor your baby using your smartphone or tablet, providing additional convenience and peace of mind.
In summary, when choosing a VTech baby monitor, consider your specific needs and preferences regarding video and audio capabilities, screen size, camera
features, additional features, battery life, and remote viewing options. Here are some recommendations based on different needs:
- For parents seeking an audio-only monitor: Consider the VTech BM2250 or BM2150.
- For those looking for a monitor with a large screen and high-resolution parent unit: The VTech RM5766HD, RM7766HD, or RM7756HD would be ideal.
- If camera features like pan, tilt, and zoom are important to you: Models like the VTech RM5766HD, RM7766HD, and RM7756HD offer these capabilities.
- For a wide range of additional features, including temperature sensors, soothing sounds, and two-way talk: Most VTech models, such as the BM5200N, BM5750HD, and BM5550-OWLN, offer these features.
- If long battery life is a priority: Models like the VTech BM3450N and BM3800N offer up to 19 hours of battery life.
- For those who want remote viewing capabilities through a smartphone or tablet: The VTech RM5766HD, RM7766HD, and RM7756HD are compatible with the MyVTech Baby Pro app.
By evaluating your requirements and understanding the features of each VTech baby monitor model, you can make an informed decision and choose the best baby monitor for your needs.